Thursday, February 14, 2013

Free as my hair


Today I cut my hair. Finally. It was like, overnight, My hair became unmanageable. When I went to brush it out, it was like I wanted to stop brushing at a certain point, where I was used to stopping, but there was like 3 more inches of hair left to brush. It sucked.


It was uncomfortably long. Even more than that, I had people telling me not to cut my hair. That they liked me better with long hair. Ugh.  I don't like me with long hair. The picture above was taken about 3 weeks ago. Not like it's grown all that much since then.



So I cut those 3 inches off today. I've been pretty sick of it for a while now. 

I'm also sick of people's opinions. Something as seemingly inane as my hair can drive me up the wall. I *almost* went and got a pixie cut but I stopped myself. Apparently some people's happiness depend on my hair length. Also, I don't think a pixie cut would suit me in this current form. read: I don't want to be the fat chick with short hair.

Too much of what everyone else thinks keeps me from doing things. they might not be earth-changing things, they may not be the most important things, but it's the little things that make up the bigger things.

I took control of my hair. It may not seem like a huge things to everyone else, but it was a big thing for me. I haven't cut it since June 2011. No trim, not cut, no shaping, nothing. It's nice to control something.

No comments:

Post a Comment