Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Daily Life

Today, when I woke up, I couldn't believe that it was 6:20 am. It was still pitch black dark outside (I know it's winter) and Top Gear was still playing on Netflix. I must have advanced it in my sleep. I remember continuing once. Also, after going to bed at 9, Amy decided it would be awesome to start crying and freaking out at 11. I was just barely asleep. Gah.

I went to bed irritated about something, but it kept escaping me as to why. Finally, I remembered: one of my student loans had sent back my payment. Again. I've been struggling with figuring out why this company keeps sending back my payments, and why they keep saying I am behind, despite my paying more than the amount due before the due date.

It turns out, my account number on my online bill pay was off by one number. My bad. I thought I had checked it, but I must've missed the error when I did. This time I caught it.

I had called the company, ready to be angry and argumentative with them. But for once, I kept my temper and the conversation turned out fine! I was (and still am) very surprised at myself. Usually, I get myself ready for a fight and stay in that mindset for a long time. But this time, I knew that something wasn't quite right, and despite my best efforts, the problem could be me. It was.

So, the number I was sending the money to doesn't correspond with another account, thankfully. The bank has been sending back my payments 2 months late after trying to send it to the loan company. On one hand, it's good, because my money is coming back to me, and the loan company is willing to waive the late fees if I fax them the statements saying that the bank returned the payments. On the other hand, it's still a little bit of a clusterfuck and there is some residual annoyance over the situation.

In other news, I went to the gym today. I found the bike that worked. Turns out something weird happens with the type of bike I like to use... If you choose a preset course that requires bpm, you're screwed. None of the machines have bpm sensors that work. I figured that much out today. I had to keep resetting the bike for a few reasons. One reason was that I was trying to see what worked and what didn't on that particular bike. The resistance kind of worked, but I could only turn it up, not down. Also, almost all of the preset courses require bpm monitoring, except the cross-country course (which  goes from resistance level 1 to 4 to 7 in 5 minutes... ouch) and the resistance course. I didn't try the second one though. It started on level 6. No.

The second reason I had to keep restarting was because my left thigh was hurting like a motherfucker. I guess because my legs hurt so bad after being on my feet all evening (from 2-6:15) (okay in hindsight that doesn't seem like long... BUT I'm a weakling and I'm not used to it), the pain never really went away there. I actually had a hard time falling asleep (and staying asleep) because my legs and feet were hurting so badly. It was almost as bad as last semester, when on the first day, I was on my feet from 2-7:45 after 3 months of exerting little or no energy on anything. That week, I was in so much pain I felt like vomiting at the end of the day.

I'm proud of myself, though. I managed to bike 3 miles on resistance level 6 for like 20 miles. No pictures this time, because of the constant restarting. I really need to start stretching better. Wellllll I need to start being in shape but I have to start somewhere.

It's been really hard for me to keep myself busy. I know I need to get used to getting up so early, so I set my alarm for the same time every day, despite not needing to be on campus until 1 on MWF. So I don't have anything to do until then on those days. And when I get home on TR, I also don't have anything to do.

Everything needs to change in my routine, apparently. I know there are things around the house that should get done, and I also could be using that time to work out or do yoga or something. But I am so used to doing nothing. Napping. Reading. Watching Netflix. Damn I am a lazy ass.

I think I will start to unfuck my habitat. Maybe knit more. Definitely clean more. I even loaded the dishwasher and *gasp* started it today! That's 2 loads in like 3 days. That's amazing for me. What's even more amazing (and telling of how lazy I am) is that we had that many dirty dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment