Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thin Skin: Day 1

Can you count the number of open wounds on your body? I can't.

I'm not talking about thin skin in the emotional sense, but rather in the epidermal sense. Needless to say, it sucks. I have a form of eczema- Pompholyx - that attacks my fingers on a regular basis, and I am beginning to suspect I have other forms/presentations of the affliction as well. I itch all the time. There is never a waking moment in which I am not aware of something irritating my skin.

I have a rather large wound on my ankle, which is a result of my scratching and scratching and scratching. At first I thought it was flea bites, to which I am very allergic, but it's been happening all over without any sign of bites as of late.

It's awful.

I fear the itch. 

Last night, in a fit of desperation, I ran across the road to Wal-Mart and got some Gold Bond Aloe and E body wash along with some Oatmeal and something else lotion by Aveeno. I've used the lotion twice, which alleviated my itchiness for a little while at least. I've just now used the body wash and hoping to see improvement over the coming days. 

1 comment:

  1. Gold Bond products, especially their lotions, are fabulous. Hope this helps out your sore situation!

    I have a poultice I use for all sorts of things from softening up boils to be popped/lanced, as well as for pink eye, puffy eyes, and other irritations. You might want to give it a try. Brew a cup of tea (Lipton type). Take the bag, still warm, not scalding hot, and squeeze out liquid until it's no longer drippy but moist with hot-to warm tea. Place on sore or other afflicted area. Leave in place until the bag goes cold. If possible, refrigerate tea bag (in a little tea) to chill it, so it can be used cold (for summer--it might help).

    ReplyDelete